Top 10 Conflict Resolution Quotes
Conflict can be an opportunity to better understand the other person or grow your relationship with them. It can be a learning experience for you that changes your mind or opens your eyes to another way of thinking. Learn how to strengthen your conflict resolution tactics through our executive coaching and consulting programs!
Read our favorite 10 quotes about conflict resolution from successful authors, CEOs, Historians, and psychologists!
“The quality of our lives depends not on whether or not we have conflicts, but on how we respond to them.”
– Thomas Crum, author, and presenter in the fields of conflict resolution, peak performance, and stress management.
“Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.”
– William James, American philosopher, historian, and psychologist
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”
– Harper Lee, American Novelist
“Cooperation isn’t the absence of conflict but a means of managing conflict”
– Deborah Tannen, Researcher of Linguistics
“To practice the process of conflict resolution, we must completely abandon the goal of getting people to do what we want.”
– Marshall B. Rosenberg, American psychologist, mediator, author, and teacher.
“A willingness to trust and openly listen to alternative ideas and views is essential for collaboration to be successful”
– Dale Eilerman, professional coach, clinical counselor, consultant, trainer
“If we manage conflict constructively, we harness its energy for creativity and development”
– Kenneth Kaye, American psychologist
“Conflict and resolution are two sides of the same coin.”
– Haresh Sippy, entrepreneur
“For good ideas and true innovation, you need human interaction, conflict, argument, debate”
– Margaret Heffernan, entrepreneur, CEO, and Keynote Speaker
“Empathy is the key to negotiating and resolving conflict ”
– Arthur P. Ciaramicoli, The Stress Solution: Using Empathy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Reduce Anxiety and Develop Resilience
How can we help your leaders and business excel?